Senior back-end developer
Zigi is looking for a senior back end developer to join our core team.
Zigi is shaping the way development teams around the world work, and you’ll work closely with our CTO to take a meaningful part in shaping our product. Our developer-centric approach places responsibility, ownership, and trust on each developer on their path to production.
This is a remote-first position, and you’ll work with our team based at our headquarters in Tel Aviv, Israel.
We strive to hire engineers who embrace excellence, have ‘fire and forget’ abilities, and who are independent, innovative, and bold.
About the position
As a key member of our development team, you’ll play a major role in helping us solve unique distributed system challenges of synchronization, performance, testing, and monitoring while working with cutting edge technologies.
- Ensure our architecture supports our short and long term goals
- Work on cutting-edge technologies and become an industry leader
- Influence the developer community
- Contribute to the OSS community
- Implement key parts of the company’s application
- Lead the research and adoption of new technologies
- Work with all our R&D teams, sharing knowledge and implementing best practices
- Our stack - Python, Node.js, Golang, GCP, Kubernetes, Redis, postgres
Your experience & skills
- You’re a passionate team player with at least 5 years’ experience, who can reason and communicate your opinions, while being open to other approaches
- You’re a clean coder with readable, simple, and maintainable code
- You recognize bad code and continuously search for better solutions
- Experience with software engineering best practices (testing, code reviews, immutability, etc) and are aware of bad practices and anti-patterns
- Strong technical and coding skills with a passion for system architecture
- Ability to quickly grasp large & complex systems and their inner workings
- Experience with Micro Services architecture, Event Sourcing and modern frameworks is an advantage
- Experience with building complex systems with high availability, strong distribution and multi-tenancy
- Experience working with databases - Mysql, Postgres, Elastic search, Redis, Cassandra, etc
- Team player, ego-less, top notch delivery, strong communication skills, and empathetic to your teammates
Bonus points if you...
- Are or have been the “go-to” person in your current or previous teams/organizations.
- Have contributed to open-source software
- Have an excellent understanding of database systems, relational and otherwise, including sharding for big data applications
- Have spoken at developer meetups, conferences or have a blog about software engineering